POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.1 beta is out... but no Linux version? : Re: 3.1 beta is out... but no Linux version? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:18:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.1 beta is out... but no Linux version?
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 15 Jul 1998 18:33:56
Message: <35A8B5D9.EC1DC383@bigfoot.com>
I have seen a message on this very newsgroup server that the POV admin posted.

If I recall correctly he had said that this is time consuming and they'd rather
use their time at correcting/enhancing POV rather than releasing the source
code (which would require special legal status and text) in a beta version.
I too would love to see the code, but I'd rather be patient and wait until the
official version is out there, there is so much you can do with the present
3.02 that I don't think you really need to get your hands on 3.1 just now,
another few mnonths and it will be out there anyway.

Cheers,
Al.

 --
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.