POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glass Textures in POV-Ray 3.1 :-( : Re: Glass Textures in POV-Ray 3.1 :-( Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Textures in POV-Ray 3.1 :-(
From: ir  R M A  Wieringa
Date: 9 Jul 1998 03:10:26
Message: <35A45EE3.80618852@natlab.research.philips.com>
Fabien Mosen wrote:
> > [...]
> Maybe there could be a turnaround in the future : a new "material" identifier
> that would include 1 texture and 1 interior, such as :
>
> #declare MyGlass = material {texture {TranspColor} interior {Glass1}}
>
> Fabien.

That would also solve one of the 'features' I always disliked in the POV
syntax: the 'stacking' of textures without any surrounding keywords.
That could change into:

material { texture {T1} texture {T2} }

| Rob Wieringa                                         |
| Philips  Research  Laboratories   Eindhoven          |
| << remove _XXXXX_ from mail address..                |
| email: _XXX### [at] natlabresearchphilipscom   |