POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Pov-help : Re: Pov-help Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-help
From: Nieminen Mika
Date: 5 Jul 1998 13:21:37
Message: <359fa811.0@news.povray.org>
povray.org admin team <new### [at] DESPAMpovrayorg> wrote:
: POV-Help is no longer being maintained.

  I am really disappointed! Please don't torture me this way. POV-Help and
a good editor (I use Qedit) is the best way to make hand-written pov files
(at least in DOS). Without POV-Help it's extremely tedious.
  I have a terrible premonition: The support for the dos help has ended. What
comes next? Of course povray itself. I envision the world after a couple of
years: Povray 4.0 is released... but the dos version is no longer supported.
People like me, without any chance to buy a machine with win95 or unix, will
not be able to use povray anymore.
  Will this end this way?

  I really need the POV-Help program. I can't live without it. Please...

--
                                                              - Warp. -