POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: POV-Motif for Linux : Re: POV-Motif for Linux Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Motif for Linux
From: Hans Wachtmeister
Date: 15 Jun 1998 04:50:27
Message: <3584E053.8E9E20BF@tlth.lth.se>
Andrew McDavid wrote:

> Rikard Bosnjakovic wrote:
> > IMHO, i'd prefer it if it used GTK, since i dont rather feel for paying
> > for a gui.

You don't have to since the precompiled binairies are statically linked
against motif!

> How about lesstif, it's free.  It's not quite done yet, it has a few
> problems drawing windows properly.  But it's much better then paying the
> 100+ dollars for motif.

Actually I think mr Hayden has tried with lesstif and unfortunately it didn't
work. Lesstif is nice but it still has a bit to go before it's finished.

Anyway, POV-motif is a nice front-end to POV and in some aspects it's even
better than the Win GUI it's modelled after, and then again in some aspects
it's not, I'd really like to see some auto-indentation of entered text, but
then again, you can't have everything.

Sincerely

Hans Wachtmeister