POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trees : Re: Trees Server Time
13 Aug 2024 21:22:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trees
From: Steve Schmitt
Date: 7 Jun 1998 23:10:54
Message: <357b55ba.66887049@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 12:40:43 +1000, "Andrew Reeves"
<ac_### [at] bigpondcom> wrote:

>I am creating a scene and wish to put trees in it. Does anyone have a good
>model for a tree apart from a sphere on a stick! A texture which imitates
>the leaves (ie: allows light through in patches) would be good along with a
>rough surface.

I've found two ways to get good trees. Unfortnately they both end up
giving you huge files to include, but oh well. The first is LParser. I
haven't a clue how to make trees in it, but if you output one of the
sample trees you should be set. :) I think its in the utilities archive.

The second (better) way is TreeDesigner. There have been a bunch of
posts of the beta being available here in this newsgroup, so just look
for it... it does a great job with trees, again with the only fault
being that its a bit large.

Hope that helps.