POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Re: movieProject, some ideas and observations : Re: movieProject, some ideas and observations Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: movieProject, some ideas and observations
From: Curtis R  Anderson
Date: 19 May 1998 18:30:38
Message: <3562080E.95094388@intelligencia.com>
Lance Birch wrote:

> Sorry, I wasn't that clear was I?
>
> I meant that if the CD-RW disc was formatted for use with DirectCD it won't
> work.  I know, I've read the documentation on mine.  It says that DirectCD
> uses a different file system so CD-ROM drives won't be able to read it, in
> fact, CD-RW drives won't either unless they have DirectCD.  Use with
> anyother CD program should work fine, if you have the latest CD drives.

Yes, this is indeed the case.

One could get Adaptec's Easy CD Creator Deluxe Edition, often bundled
with new CD-RW drives, and write the CDs in ISO 9660 format. They are
readable under DOS, Windows, MacOS, Linux, other Unix flavors, OpenVMS,
you name it.
--
Curtis R. Anderson, Co-creator of "Gleepy the Hen", SP 2.5?, KoX
http://www.servtech.com/~cra/         | Welcome to Gnu-EMACS: