POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") : Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:24:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposing MovieProject! (was "Group Movie Project", was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 13 May 1998 15:20:50
Message: <3559F292.D19E05@bigfoot.com>
Hi All MovieProject fans,

I'd propose myself as a simple art team member and render slave (PPro 200MHz, 64MB
RAM, some disk, hoping to upgrade both RAM and disk soon, Win95 although I also have
Linux but did not have time to play with it yet).

Ian seems to be very 'au-fait' with the world we try to dip our toes into. Considering
he has little spare time I would not chance asking him about taking over an Arts
Director seat or other, but maybe promote him to a seat as overall advisor giving
hints to each and every director - direct reporting line to each director - as time
permits obviously.
Would you feel comfortable there Ian ?

On the technical side of things we may need a Technical director with configuration
management capabilities (or a lot of free time and the urge to learn about it). I
really think that a big project should be seriously tracked with good configuration
management tools - i.e. CVS/RCS, both available in GNU flavors for Unix/Linux but also
Win95, and I'm probably forgetting many platforms.
That is in my opinion the best way to protect ourselves from loosing important data
(scenes).
I have a good understanding of the concepts, but no time for that sort of activity, I
also am registered in the CVS mailing list, shall we make an announcement in that list
to recruit such a person ?

I am willing to participate in side artistic issues like for instance the little mice
that gnaw the scenes's curtains or such nice little beasts - could be eating up part
of the screen.
I am a programmer by profession and I could help with whatever utility that could make
things easier for scenes, or POV code (even though I did not touch it to date, it does
not frighten me the slightest, I have worked on several very large scale software -
8MB source code). I am also somewhat skilled at mathematics if that is any help.

I guess you all agree to vote for Johannes as our overall director. Nobody said so,
but by replying to that chances are you agree, yet it would be nicer if people really
said they agree.

Johannes has my VOTE for the seat of director of this project.

See you soon,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.