POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!") Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:25:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Group Movie Project ( was "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!")
From: Daniel Allbutt
Date: 13 May 1998 09:10:28
Message: <35599BC4.CA15A05A@magna.com.au>
I'm thinking along your lines, Gary. Here's a few of my ideas to throw
into the brain storm:

* The first thing that came to my mind when this idea was brought up was
the graphics demos of a few years back (alah "Future Crew" -
http://www.hornet.org/info/fc/)
* Would 20 frames/sec be suitable?
* Each contributor would send in the source code + mpeg (+ images?) to
the central location so that the editor(s) can best "merge" each clip.
* A common theme between at least a few clips would make it easier for
the editors.
* I had an idea for a project of my own which involved flying around a
mountain, then diving into it - which would view black for a second -
then the next thing the viewer sees is a "door" opening - only when they
step out, they realise that they just came out of a coffin/sarcophagus
that is buried in an ancient tomb in the mountain. The next minute or so
would be going through tunnels Indiana Jones style. I could go on...

Hope this helps.