POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hmmmm ... I wonder why? : Re: Hmmmm ... I wonder why? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 07:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hmmmm ... I wonder why?
From: Allen Wisbey
Date: 9 May 1998 12:55:45
Message: <35548719.43562982@news.povray.org>
On 5 May 1998 01:13:58 GMT, "Gary Shannon" <reb### [at] teleportcom>
wrote:

>> Of course it would display the result, der...  Oh, I see!
>>
>> But seriuosly, I think the sound would have to be based on the pixels
>> colour, for instance, the rgb value could change the overall frequency of
>> the sound!
>
>So the goal would be to render a nice picture that also played a catchy
>tune while it rendered?
>
>--Gary.

That has been done... Fractint a (fractal rendering program) has a
mode that plays a note whose pitch and timber are determined by the
color and depth of the point being rendered.
(I believe both pitch and timber anyway, been a while)

One thing to consider with fractals is that they a chaotic and while
the results may be striking to the eye, it can be very annoying to the
ear.