POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Putting TGA's together ? : Re: Putting TGA's together ? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Putting TGA's together ?
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 7 May 1998 06:38:13
Message: <3550f288.200644367@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 28 Apr 1998 21:55:20 +0200, Sebastian Breuer
<bre### [at] usanet> wrote:

>Well, at the moment I have the problem,
>that POV Ray only creates TGA's and
>I need AVI's. I tried some programs, but
>I was not really satisfied. The program I need
>should run on Windows 95 AND let the
>user select the frame rate AND the MCI
>AVI Compression method ( Indeo, Radius,
>Video 1, and others installed on the system
> ( like the Miro DC 30 MJPEG codec) ).
>Is there any program which can do this or
>need I create a new one ?

As i recall M$ have their videdit program on the net for all to
download at:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/Multimedia/Jumpstart/VfW11e/DK/WINVIDEO/
Since I've not checked it lately I can't promise it will still be
there, but so long as you can download all the bits you'll be in a
position to make and/or edit AVI's.
It doesn't import .tga's but dave's Targa Animator can make those for
you :)

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail