POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:26:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!"
From: Cliff Bowman
Date: 7 May 1998 06:38:02
Message: <3550f0b6.200177660@news.povray.org>
On 30 Apr 1998 01:43:07 GMT, "Gary Shannon" <reb### [at] teleportcom>
wrote:

>Actually, the reason I'm writing the Moviloa AVI editing program is because
>I've scripted/storyboarded a 10 minute POV-made SCI Fi movie and couldn't
>find a tool to do the editing with.  As far as "feature length" goes, I was
>actually just kidding, but... hmmmm.. maybe there's something worth
>thinking about there.

Hmmm I've been doing a little AVI editing myself (real simple stuff -
actually most recently a title sequence for an amateur video based on
an old British SF show called "Doctor Who"). What kind of features you
planning to have - and how do i get to find out when it's imminent?

Meanwhile I seem to recall that M$ have (or had) their videdit program
on the net for all to download - and I've checked my logs and found
the following address for it:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/drg/Multimedia/Jumpstart/VfW11e/DK/WINVIDEO/
Since I've not checked it lately I can't promise it will still be
there, but so long as you can download all the bits you'll be in a
position to make and/or edit AVI's although editing is pretty much
down to putting a frame in or taking it out, synchronising the frame
speed and placing sound etc. (no pretty fades or suchlike).

Cheers,

Cliff Bowman
Why not pay my 3D Dr Who site a visit at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7855/
PS change ".duffnet" to ".net" if replying via e-mail