POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" : Re: "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!" Server Time
14 Aug 2024 09:21:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "POV-Ray is free... the internet isn't!"
From: Brian W  Brown
Date: 28 Apr 1998 23:17:02
Message: <35469BAE.110B158@appstate.campus.mci.net>
Hey Gary:

Two words - Toy Story.  I am serious - if a story could be picked and properly
story boarded... distribute the tasks of modeling etc.  Then get EVERYONE to
render portions.....Hey it is no more crazy than the following thought:

Hey lets make this great ray tracer, you know - one that has a better engine
than programs that cost thousands of dollars.  A whole bunch of programers can
work on it and heck - lets give it away for free!

Sounds kinda crazy - don't it?

Brian