POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Steam and Smoke - Texture-Modeling : Steam and Smoke - Texture-Modeling Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:17:16 EDT (-0400)
  Steam and Smoke - Texture-Modeling
From: Brian W  Brown
Date: 25 Apr 1998 23:35:15
Message: <3542AB72.763D8B99@appstate.campus.mci.net>
Has anyone had any luck modeling Steam and/or Smoke?  I am currently
modeling an old steam engine and would like to have lots of steam (duh)
and smoke surrounding the thing.  The primary difficulty I am having is
getting the texture right.  I have been playing with sPatch to make
large organic shapes and am planing on trying the same using the blob
function.  Overall my results have been 'OK' but not great.  Any
suggestions or input would be great!

Brian