POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV, Command line, ... : Re: POV, Command line, ... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV, Command line, ...
From: Theran Cochran
Date: 11 Apr 1998 22:20:15
Message: <353024DF.778FBD1@geocities.com>
Alain CULOS wrote:

> Hi GrinDude,
>
> OK, Thanks, %1 works, not %1% as I believed it should have been.
> Though I would like to know whether you can avoid putting %1 %2 %3 ...
> and get all parameters at once.
> Say you have 25 parameters, what way do you handle the thing ?
> Is there something like %* or %$ or whatever ?

Nope. you can only pass 9 parameters to a program in a batch file. There
is a way to use more than 9 parameters in a batch file (using the SHIFT
command), but this only allows you to use those parameters in different
statements.

The way to what you want would be to write a C program. Or you could
always get a DOS port of one of the Unix shells (like bash). Or you
could just run the Unix version of POV. I hear it goes about 20% faster
than the Windows version.

--

Theran Cochran - the### [at] geocitiescom