POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Is the brick pattern 3D? : Is the brick pattern 3D? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Is the brick pattern 3D?
From: Tim Riley
Date: 9 Apr 1998 12:14:15
Message: <352CF3D7.E62B8CC0@its.bldrdoc.gov>
I was playing around with the brick pattern yesterday and came across
what I consider an anomaly: the "bricks" are not continuous, that is,
they do not exist in the center of the solid, but are "decals" that
exist only on the surface. To see what I mean, render a solid with a
brick pattern and make the mortar transparent. Instead of seeing the
individual "bricks", you see two flat rectangles on either side of the
solid.

camera {
  location  <-20.0, 5.0, -100.0>
  direction 4*z
  right     4/3*x
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>
}

light_source { <30, 30, -30> color rgb 1.0 }

box { -0.5, 0.5
  scale <200, 100, 3>
  texture {
    pigment {
      brick
        pigment { rgbt 1 },
        pigment { rgb <0.6, 0.1, 0.1> }
        mortar 1.0
    }
  }
}

|               Tim Riley                 |
|            Boulder, Colorado            |
|      E-mail:tri### [at] itsbldrdocgov      |
|     Per favore spenga le Sue scarpe     |
|  davanti abbandonare il nave spaziale.  |