POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CompuServe forums, and some ideas for my website. : Re: CompuServe forums, and some ideas for my website. Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CompuServe forums, and some ideas for my website.
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 1 Apr 1998 17:02:41
Message: <3523b8a8.31768280@10.0.2.33>
On Wed, 1 Apr 1998 14:32:04 -0800, "Twyst" <sir### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

>I am also looking for some opinions for my site. I am thinking of
>implementing a weekly/monthly survey, as well as a public gallery. I am now
>running off my own webserver, so I have about 200 megs of webspace. I was
>thinking of organizing it by artist, as well, with a bit of info about each.
>Also, I was thinking of doing reviews of utilities, but impartially, with 3
>or 4 people's input on each.

I think these are great ideas.  In addition, you might want to think
about creating a page as a central clearinghouse for the various
unofficial versions of POV-Ray out there, along with reviews of each.
This is something I haven't seen anywhere else on the web.  I was
going to put it on my own page, but it's just never gotten done.  I
can give you the links I've collected, if you don't already have a
collection of your own.

I think your site is great.  I hadn't realized there were so many good
POV-Ray tutorials out there until I happened on your site.  (Now all
we need is for someone to write a tutorial on POV-Ray internals...)