POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Re: Requests for tutorials : Re: Requests for tutorials Server Time
2 Jun 2024 00:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Requests for tutorials
From: Jerry Stratton
Date: 30 Mar 1998 14:59:05
Message: <351FF988.8611966A@acusd.edu>
Jason L. wrote:
> Well judging from the images you post, it certainly looks like you're a
> veteran Pov user :)
> Hey...should we have names? Povies? Povers? Pov-Kiddies? hmmmm
> Anyway...
> I was wondering...how big is the manual once printed out? I know this would
> vary depending on font size and all that...but a ball park figure. It'd have
> to be looong. Just wondering before I try it myself. My Canon is slooooow.

The manual is quite long. However, the tutorial at the start of the manual is
well worth it. It gets you started right off the bat with useful stuff, and
goes from there.

I cut down on the physical size of the printed manual by using BBEdit and an
HP printer that prints on both sides of the paper; I had BBEdit print the
manual out two pages to a page, landscape, both sides, long-edge binding. This
produced a manual that you can flip through fairly well--although you do need
good lighting when you're reading it! :*)

I've started a tutorial page on my site; it isn't quite ready, but you're
welcome to take a look at it: http://www.hoboes.com/html/NetLife/POV/

Jerry