POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Download J-Ray : Re: Download J-Ray Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Download J-Ray
From: Edon
Date: 30 Mar 1998 08:46:47
Message: <351FA245.53E7@10mb.com>
I think your missing the point...
I have already had it working on one machine, where it's output renders
fine, and I have already got this working on a small intranet, where a
Server performs the rendering...

The reason for me doing this project this way is because that is the way
the project was defined. I am a final year student in computer science,
and the whole point of the project is to create an efficient
client/server application, when I have finished this task and hopefully
got good grades for it I will probably develop a stand-alone version in
my free-time.

The idea of sticking POV-Ray on a server is that the server in theory
should perform the rendering a lot faster than your home computer... I
am hoping to get access to one of the fast computers found in Swaansea
uni... (hopefully the cray.. but I doubt it somehow).. and set that up
as a server.

The project itself wasn't really desgined as an interface for POV-Ray
but as an interface to any Rendering package that could work across the
internet.. it's just I choose to use POV-Ray cause of it's ease of use
and it's wide use...

erm

anyway..

I hope that explains my reasons a bit better...

Cheers

Ben..