POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Two Screens on a Win95 PC ? : Re: Two Screens on a Win95 PC ? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Two Screens on a Win95 PC ?
From: Johannes Hubert
Date: 30 Mar 1998 03:03:55
Message: <351F51EB.9D3E7618@penttech.com>
Alain CULOS wrote:

> I was wondering whether it was possible to install and use a second screen on a
Windows95b configured PC ?
> Is it only a matter for getting an extra video card and monitor, installing all that
and let go find the drivers ?
> Or does it have to be special hardware and software ?

As far as I know, it is possible, but you need special hardware: You can not simply
install two cards of any kind and
connect two monitors.
You can either get a special card with two VGA connections (but those are not very
common anymore, don't know if you
still can get them). Or you can get 2 special cards that are specially built to
support this 2-monitor-thing.
I never used it, but I've seen it and some months ago we (the firm I worked at) made a
few prelimnary phonecalls to
hardwarevendors and card-manufacturers because we wanted to check out this feature. I
only dimly recall that the
german brand "ELSA" hard cards supporting this (I think, don't quote me!), but others
should have too. Check the sites
of the larger card manufacturers.
We never heard anything about this applying only to NT and I am quite sure that NT
does not support this right from
the OS and W95 doesn't. With NT too you need special hardware.

Hope it helps, Johannes.