POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : WinPOV page fault / max_trace_level = 20 : Re: WinPOV page fault / max_trace_level = 20 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WinPOV page fault / max_trace_level = 20
From: Alain CULOS
Date: 28 Mar 1998 10:50:32
Message: <351D1C47.29B53298@bigfoot.com>
Hi GrimDude, Hi everybody,

Well, I guess your advice is good for another problem, as it did not do the trick for
me.
I'm still getting a page fault (Win95b, Povwin.3.02.watcom) when I set max_trace_level
to 20 and use Glass3 from the textures or anything with refraction (ior approx 1.4 or
1.5)   :-((
stacks=64,512 in the config.sys and restarting the PC did not do the trick.
Could you give me a pointer to the proper help file about this system variable, cause
I could not find anything, Microsoft does not seem to be helpful with help files : it
is a real maze.
I also had already my swap file set to 128 MB permanent, and I have 64 MB RAM, so
there should not be any memory problem. On top of my swap file I have nearly 400 MB
free on my main C: partition and nearly 1 GB free on my D: partition, so really, there
is no such thing as memory shortage there (yet).
Although I have to admit my scene does use around 105 MB.

If anyone has any clue, please let me know,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out both minus signs and both spaces from my address.