POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Reliable service : Re: Reliable service Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reliable service
From: Ronald L  Parker
Date: 25 Mar 1998 14:50:11
Message: <35195f16.24603548@10.0.2.33>
On Wed, 25 Mar 1998 18:15:07 +0100, mbr### [at] swipnetse (Mathias Broxvall)
wrote:

>I just want to say *thanks* for this great service. I don't understand
>how anyone can say it's unreliable, sure - it have been going up and
>down a little. But considering it have gone *up* after just a short
>while means we should be thankfull. At last I would like to pointout
>that this newsserver actually is *better* than the one my ISP provides
>me with, my ISP's server is *slow* but this server is about 2-3 faster
>(eventhough I probably have to cross the world a couple of times before
>connecting!) plus this server don't have any junk mail / spamms / etc...

Hear, hear!  Granted, I suffered some withdrawal symptoms when all I
had to sustain me was cgrr on my local feed, but that just shows how
much this server must mean to me.  Keep up the good work, and don't
let the complainers get you down.  Most of us truly appreciate what
you're doing for us.

I'll second the opinion that this server is more reliable than my
local one.  Only about one post in ten to CGRR makes it to my home
server.