POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Connection costs : Re: Connection costs Server Time
14 Aug 2024 11:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Connection costs
From: sulfugor
Date: 18 Feb 1998 05:02:03
Message: <34EAB19B.328@aei.ca>
Anthony Bouttell wrote:

> This may not be the most appropriate place to ask this question but:
>
> I notice that quite a few of the users are from Europe and I was
> wondering how you tele-comm charges compare to mine, ( Canada ).
>
> I use a cable modem ( up to 500 Kbs ) and it smokes!!
> I get charged $55 per. month for 1Gbyte of traffic and 24hr/day
> connect time, ( this is cool because I can connect to my home machine

I am from Canada too ( Montreal) and i spent a month in switzerland last

what i was paying ca$25/month for ( unlimited access, some web space
28,8), they 'd need to spend ca$500 for ! IT was almost 20 times mroe
expensive. The main reason for that steep prive is the high cost of
local calls.
On the other hand ISDN has always been more develloped in germany and
switzerland ( because people have so precious little time to waste
online). The swiss franc and the candian dollar are about one to one in
value.

sulfugor