POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Connection costs : Re: Connection costs Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Connection costs
From: Andrew Humphries
Date: 17 Feb 1998 16:00:30
Message: <34E9FA6E.55E00046@ndirect.co.uk.remove.this.to.stop.spam>
Anthony Bouttell wrote:

> This may not be the most appropriate place to ask this question but:
>
> I notice that quite a few of the users are from Europe and I was
> wondering how you tele-comm charges compare to mine, ( Canada ).
>
> I use a cable modem ( up to 500 Kbs ) and it smokes!!
> I get charged $55 per. month for 1Gbyte of traffic and 24hr/day
> connect time, ( this is cool because I can connect to my home machine
> from work) + 3-Email addresses and 5mbytes of storage on the providers
> server.
>
> I've heard most that most of the users in Europe are basically screwed
> blue by their telecomms. Is this true ? How do my charges compare to
> yours ? What about the US, how do your charges compare ?

per month (quite a lot more than $50) (using a standard phone line),
plus there's the ISP's monthly charge as well, which would probably be
higher if using a cable modem.  but most providers offer 5 or more email
address and my provider gives me 25MB of web space (which, I think, is
above average).

--
 Andrew Humphries
  http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~andrew.humphries/