POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : using flex and bison to parse povray scenes : Re: using flex and bison to parse povray scenes Server Time
14 Aug 2024 05:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: using flex and bison to parse povray scenes
From: Jens Christian Restemeier
Date: 13 Feb 1998 10:09:19
Message: <34E4621F.293E@hrz.uni-bielefeld.de>
Thomas Baier wrote:

> Hi
>
> > Questions:
> > - Has anybody else made a flex+bison parser for POVRAY scenes, where I
> > could get some ideas ?
> >

> Yes. Please have a look at POV2MDL, a povray 2.2 to Moray converter.Yes, i
> have done a Parser with Lex&Yacc. Povray has really a lazzy syntax.
> I think it is a impossible to write a Lex&Yacc parser with the quality of

> The SDK is at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/thbaier.

Hey, that's a cool idea. Have you contacted the POVRAY members, to
support POB as an official file-format ?
				Jens Ch. Restemeiers

----
"Five to one against and falling ...  four to one against and falling
... three to one ... two ... one ... probability factor one to one ...
we have normality, I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't
cope with is therefore your own problem."