POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Request : Re: Request Server Time
1 Jun 2024 21:13:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request
From: alex simma
Date: 2 Jan 1998 15:06:48
Message: <34AD48D7.203D6D7A@geocities.com>
Saif Ansari wrote:

> Something on making and editing textures would be fantastic... I know
> the pov documentation has the information but I guess I'm too stupid to
> get it, but more examples and detail would be nice... any takers?
>
> Saif.
>
> --
> "And so I throw the windows wide and call to you across the skies."
> -pink floyd.
>
> "All that we see or seem, is but a dream, within a dream."
> -Edgar Alan Poe.

  I know what you mean.  It took me a while to get beyond the pigment stage
of textures, and I still have problems with the more advanced aspects of
texturing.  A tutorial would be very nice, but unfortionatelly, I don't
believe that the in-deapth information about textures could be expressed in
plain English.  It takes time to get the hang off, and I don't think that
any document can replace experience.  However, if someone could explain
texturing in an easy to understand way, I would love it.  What I am looking
for is not *how* to do something, but when and where to do it: ie.  in what
cases should I use this method, and in what cases should I use that method.

Alex