POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : interlaced - which fields first? : Re: interlaced - which fields first? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:41:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interlaced - which fields first?
From: Scott Moore
Date: 23 Nov 2002 08:43:14
Message: <341vtug5sjm6fhe0hc0r5r2vhauo70nfe6@4ax.com>
On Sat, 23 Nov 2002 12:08:03 +0000, Scott Moore <noo### [at] nospamcom>
wrote:

>I'm downloading the Premiere demo now (hurrah for broadband!) - I'll
>let you know if I found out.
>
>Scott

OK.

You'll need to render a non-interlaced AVI in Premiere using the files
generated by POV's field rendering options - basically this will
contain two image files for each 'frame'.

When you have the AVI you need to put that in a new Premiere project
and then set the interlace properties for that AVI clip as Interlace
Consecutive Frames.

Render a new AVI using this and you should have a properly interlaced
AVI.

The stuff below is cut and pasted from the Premiere help files.

---Premiere Help---
To specify field processing options for a clip:

1 Select a clip in the Timeline.

2 Choose Clip > Video Options > Field Options.

3 <snip>

4 Click one of the following Processing Options:

 <snip>
Select Interlace Consecutive Frames to convert pairs of
progressive-scan (noninterlaced) frames into interlaced fields. This
option is useful for converting 60-fps progressive-scan animations
into 30-fps interlaced video, because many animation applications
don't create interlaced frames.
---Premier Help---

Cheers,

Scott