POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Pyvon 1.? : Re: Pyvon 1.? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 14:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pyvon 1.?
From: Daniel Matthews
Date: 23 Dec 2002 22:24:31
Message: <3400345.4hi9T27uH0@3-e.net>
Peter wrote:

> Daniel Matthews wrote:
>>
>> rpm -U http://pyvon.sourceforge.net/pyvon-1.1-1mdk.rpm
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> I tried the rpm - it gives heaps of warnings about user fabien doesn't
> exist, then flashes an error message %postscript or something.  Package
> manager says it is intalled, but it won't run.  Gives the same result as
> before, just briefly brings up the Xstream window, then vanishes.
>
> Pyvon 0.99 was going fine.  All I have done since is run the 1.0a
> install.sh script and the 1.1 rpm.
>
> TIA
>
> Peter

Whatha! I'm running MDK 9.0 (with KDE updated via cooker to 3.1) and it
works fine. I will need to see the full output of the install to know what
is wrong. Did you run the rpm command as root, from a shell? Did you run
pyvon as root from a shell? What messages did you get?

--
Your connection failed because: Budget cuts forced us to sell all the power
cords for the servers.