POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : The Chasm - Teaser : Re: The Chasm - Teaser Server Time
8 Jul 2024 11:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Chasm - Teaser
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Jan 2006 05:14:09
Message: <328ks1la1lcja4o6t9esj4svu60asq0u1n@4ax.com>
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 03:31:36 +0100, "Tim Nikias"
<JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote:

>> I like the titles, zoom and timing. Well it could have been a little
>> faster for me but then Tom Melly says I'm impatient. Yes there is a
>> bit of suspense and that grabs your attention.
>
>Thanks! I don't know if it's noticeable, but everytime I zoom in, the next
>part is that size, so it gets increasingly bigger, until you come to the
>conclusion. After that, it's not "telling the story" anymore, so I went with
>sizes that look good.

Not till you mentioned it. Something must have rubbed off working in a
cinema all those years :-)

>As for the timing, I personally could do with a faster fade as well. But
>you've got to give the viewer enough time to properly read and understand it
>the first time, and when they don't know how much text there'll be, they
>might need a beat to get their eyes on the first word.

Yes that is something I did not think of. Everyone has their own
reading speed and for me, the slight frustration of wanting to turn
the page adds to the suspense.

These things, IMO, make it a good trailer irrespective of the content
or the wording.