POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Some conspiracy theories are right after all... : Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some conspiracy theories are right after all...
From: Stephen
Date: 5 Sep 2009 09:32:41
Message: <31q4a555is4901108nra8f59lj555hf0dh@4ax.com>
On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 08:52:59 -0400, Sabrina Kilian <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote:

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 08:52:59 -0400, Sabrina Kilian <ski### [at] vtedu> wrote:

>> What's a Teabag Rally?
>>

>Someone's bright idea of political satire. Some people who are/were
>against increasing government spending thought they would hold a modern
>day Tea Party. Mimicking the Boston Tea Party, only this time there was
>too much Samuel Adams beer and not enough of the politician. At some
>later point, someone suggesting mailing tea bags to Washington. And with
>outsiders looking on at why they would un-ironically associate their
>movement with tea bags, the name just stuck.

Actually I like it :)
No Taxation without grumbling! ;)

>> Well at least she has an opinion LOL
>>

> . . . that's a good way of looking at it.

I try to look on the bright side of life.

[sings]
Some things in life are bad,

>> Don't a lot of people do that with your constitution as well? Especially when
>> talking about the Second Amendment.
>>

>Most of the time, the legal folks argue about the meaning of a few
>commas. But yes, there are folks on both sides of that issue that insert
>strategic ellipsis to make the words parse the way they want them to.
>
>Completely off topic,

This is the place for it, ye ken.

>> Let me guess. A lawyer made that one up or an accountant :)
>
>I suspect so. It makes sense, otherwise some brilliant accountant would
>just apply the tax constantly, like continuous compound interest. Call
>the fee 10% of what ever tax you pay, and you paid 100 units in taxes.
>So the fee is 10 units, but now you have paid 110 in taxes, so the fee
>is really 11 units, but now you have . . . and ending up with (e^0.1 -
>1)% needing to be paid.

Makes sense to me ;)

>> I'm loosing my sense of humour when it comes to politics, nowadays :(
>> (But not my fecking vocabulary ;) )
>>

>I have to find humor in it, it would be too depressing otherwise. I mean
>if people, on both sides of these issues, really do believe everything
>they hear from a few people who talk loudly, and do not even attempt to
>research what they are handed as facts, it would just ruin any hope I
>could have for the coming generations.
>
>On the other hand, if that is really how people behave, I posit that the
>health care bill is so (insert personal feelings here) that everyone
>must (protest/support) it by sending $10 US currency to Sabrina Kilian.
>This is a must, and will guarantee that the bill (does/doesn't) pass.
>Please, think of the (children/budget/future generations).

Well, if you can get to that crock of gold I hid before Jim does then take USD
10 worth as my contribution to keeping the "land of the free" the home of the
healthy. <g>

>> Thanks, Sabrina. You're up late or early.

>Both.

Me too I was having breakfast with the toothache fairy :(
--

Regards
     Stephen