POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scatter/partcle style macro help : Re: Scatter/partcle style macro help Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scatter/partcle style macro help
Date: 14 Jun 2002 02:16:29
Message: <312jgu09ciplov4348vptgplu5u3k58o0l@4ax.com>
On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:54:21 +0100, "James Taylor"
<jim### [at] blueyondercouk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In my current WIP I'm trying to place some objects (spheres) onto another
> set of objects and I'm not having much success.

Is your set of objects builded with simple primitives like torus, sphere,
cylinder, cone, plane etc ? Then you can use iso_csg library to create
equivalent of this set as function and sample this function for specified
distance. Tell me if you want an example. But since you want place only
spheres you can just use trace function and move intersection about
normal*radius. This simple method was used by me in
http://news.povray.org/kk1f1u0tvda2ul55rclt1or8opfkah6i5j%404ax.com

ABX