POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. : Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post. Server Time
11 Oct 2024 05:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've been away from here for X years and all I can come up with is this stupid post.
From: Stephen
Date: 28 Jan 2008 07:11:49
Message: <2rgrp39padg8tliuc4eqf49hcf1l90nkj5@4ax.com>
On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 14:15:10 -0500, Ian Burgmyer <spe### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

>It's always good to strip them down and blow the dust out of them from
>time to time.  They don't like dust.

Oh! Yes they do :)

>Oh yeah, if you do take it apart, I can almost guarantee that you'll
>wind up with stray screws when you put it back together.  I swear,
>laptops have dynamic screw holes; they reposition themselves at will
>just to mess with your head.

There is a secret to that you know?
I've worked with a few ex-forces types and you can imagine what a couple of lest
over nuts and bolts mean on a war plane :)

>>> I've only shocked myself twice so far (low voltage, low amperage...no
>>> worries). ;]
>>
>> Respect! :)
>> Who cares about the voltage? It only hurts. :-)
>> It certainly wakens you up, though.
>
>Haha, yes.
>
>Thankfully, not a whole lot of amperage in the area that I was working
>on.  Had I touched the power supply while the thing was plugged in,
>well, I might be in trouble.
>
>What's kind of funny about low voltage sources is that they don't even
>hurt, really.  About all you feel are your muscles spasming.  Depending
>on the voltage and all that, you might feel cramps later on (that
>happened all up my arm on my first time, only in my hand for a brief
>time on my second).

Try 500 Volt 3 phase F'n Ouch :)

>>> The part that's sort of rough is that my class hours are 5pm-2am.  Very eww.
>>
>> They seem strange hours for a college, to me. I can't believe that studding at
>> those times would be conducive to understanding.
>
>It's not really a college, it's job training.  This is basically my job
>right now.  I can't complain, I get paid to come here. :)

No you can't but is it usual to train during those hours? I've worked
continental shifts (3 shifts per 24 hrs) and day/night shift. I've never heard
of training from 17:00 to 02:00.

>> I would need to go into "Nightshift" mode. How do you cope with that?
>
>It took about a week for my body to adjust, I'd say.  I just started
>going to bed later and later until I'd gotten myself on a 4am-12pm sleep
>schedule (or something along those lines).
>
>It actually took longer for my stomach to adapt.  When I first started I
>suddenly started getting a voracious appetite  Thankfully, it's curbed
>itself back down to normal now. :)

My stomach comes with me. I eat breakfast when I get up and dinner after work.
Quite a few people I worked with left their stomachs on dayshift. Dinner when
they woke up and breakfast before going to bed. (I'm talking about when I worked
offshore. It is a closed community and you know what everyone is doing.)

Regards
	Stephen