POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Known bugs 15 feb 2002 : Re: Known bugs 15 feb 2002 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:28:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Known bugs 15 feb 2002
Date: 15 Feb 2002 12:59:25
Message: <2qiq6u4d3nepvj18rbld0riq0daagtotd5@4ax.com>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 18:49:08 +0100, Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
wrote:
> There's another thing about these macros: since function names can be
> passed as macro parameters the Parse_String construction is obsolete.

Yes, in current usage it could be considered useless, but I can imagine when
it could be useful. After small change it could be possible to pass to this
macro either function or another macro. For example you can't make function
which internally operate on strings. Of course it could slow down calculations
a lot. Only my two polish zlotys.

ABX