POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bent text? : Re: Extended object pattern (was Re: Bent text?) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Extended object pattern (was Re: Bent text?)
Date: 15 Feb 2002 13:36:49
Message: <2kkq6uoua65cd3sekqslkrbuiql7gvmile@4ax.com>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:14:46 -0500, Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom>
wrote:
> However, it would be a very bad idea to replace the Inside() method with
> this, as it would often take much longer to compute proximity than to
> figure out inside/outsideness...

But I imagine yes/no inside is calculated with real flot and then "booleaned"
with condition. Look at Inside_Plane, Inside_Sphere. Also Inside_Glyph look
complicated enough to think it somehow calculates distance :-)
But of course you can be right. I don't know internal behaviour of all
Inside() methods.

ABX