POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Huh? Normal averaging bug? : Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?) Server Time
5 Aug 2024 00:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Test scene (was Re: Huh? Normal averaging bug?)
From: Alan Kong
Date: 4 Mar 2003 06:20:40
Message: <2e296vglknahmhd57sqc0o5mvfcoqnpe9g@4ax.com>
On Sat, 01 Mar 2003 20:41:21 -0700 Xplo Eristotle wrote:

>// Test scene demonstrating apparent improper normal averaging.

  I'm not paying much attention to the other goings-on in the thread,
mostly because I don't have enough time to read all that and do
everything else I need to do after I get home from work.

  I think your test scene was fine.  I commented out the #version line
before rendering.  The resulting image shows demonstrates the question
you were asking about normal averaging.  Unfortunately, I don't know
*why* it appears that way but I wanted you to know that I did look at it
the day after you posted the test scene.

  I hope that everyone will have their say (preferably in p.off-topic)
about the other 'issues', and then continue on with why we're here in
the first place.

--
Alan
ako### [at] povrayorg