POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Now here's a good waste of time : Re: Now here's a good waste of time Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Now here's a good waste of time
From: Stephen
Date: 14 Dec 2007 05:25:19
Message: <2am4m31tdteqv5hsf98pm82un33bngsdtr@4ax.com>
On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:45:58 -0800, stbenge <stb### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

>> I enjoy works that creatively explore the realm of possibilities, especially
>> those that provide a brief excursion, albeit an imaginary one, outside the
>> sphere of the mundane.  Generally, I'm a fan of "The Classics": Asimov,
>> Bradbury, Heinlein, Clarke, Pohl, Kornbluth, del Rey, and the rest of that
>> beloved old rouges gallery.
>
>Those last three don't even ring the smallest bell. Could you provide
>some favorite titles from these authors? I'm about to embark on a
>mission to acquire some creative works, but I don't think your reply
>will reach me in time.

You must try Frederik Pohl one of IMO the greats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederik_Pohl#Collections

The Heechee, Eschaton, Starchild Trilogy (with Jack Williamson) and of course
the Space Merchants, series are recommended.

Cyril M. Kornbluth collaborated with Pohl a lot.

Lester del Rey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lester_del_Rey#Novels
says it all.

Regards