POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 419 : Re: 419 Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:14:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 419
From: Stephen
Date: 11 Jun 2008 06:16:08
Message: <2a9v441r0gao9fd3m5re30aa6g4qvlhke6@4ax.com>
On 10 Jun 2008 19:54:54 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom>
wrote:

>Heh, the funniest thing is that I was the fastest swimmer in my normal
>swimming classes, so I took up speed swimming.  Came in dead last in the
>only swim meet I ever competed in - and I got sick from the smell of the
>chlorine all day long (my events were at the end of the day).

My funniest swimming pool experience was when I was doing a helicopter
escape course. Now I'm not the best swimmer in the world and I tend to
float feet down with only the top inch or so of my head a above water.
When I put on an inflatable life jacket and jumped into the pool. I
when straight down to the bottom and could not swim up to the surface.
There I was thinking how embarrassing it would be if I had to put the
jacket over my head and pop the gas bottle when a couple of the divers
hauled me up to the surface and dragged me to the dunker (helicopter
cabin, mock up).

>Oh, and I managed to perforate an eardrum during my very brief stint in
>springboard diving.

And I managed to pull a muscle in my arm climbing an escape net
wearing a survival suit that had filled with water. (Cheap gear and
too big.) My arm still gives me trouble today even after 15 years :(
--

Regards
     Stephen