POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Include color-changes in ini-files. possible? : Re: Include color-changes in ini-files. possible? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:15:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Include color-changes in ini-files. possible?
From: Stephen
Date: 21 Oct 2006 08:22:43
Message: <284kj218lldet4hultjtjug53sqov1ma4o@4ax.com>
On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 07:09:51 EDT, "Olaf I." <ola### [at] ewetelnet> wrote:

>Can you help me by this last (I hope so) problem?

I will try

To help you debug what is wrong use #debug - Help section - 3.2.2.7.1  Text
Message Streams
This will give you a text message and if you use
#debug concat("Lego_", str(frame_number,0,0), ".pov")
It will show you what Pov is trying to parse. You can also direct it to a file
by inserting this line in an ini file that calls the Pov file
Debug_File=My_Debugfile.txt
Or use +GDMy_Debugfile.txt in the command line

Another thing you can do is to explicitly define the files you want, for
instance;
concat("C:\Graphics\My_Directionary\Structure\Lego_", str(frame_number,0,0),
".pov")

I've found that often what I want is not what I write. But then for me every
line of code is a struggle :-( So I make use of debug a lot just to make sure.

BTW you will find that on this news group people will often point you in the
right direction rather than give a definitive solution. This is not badness but
helpfulness, as everyone learns better if they find the correct solution
themselves. And it is more satisfying.

Regards
	Stephen