POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : interactive Povray website? : interactive Povray website? Server Time
7 Aug 2024 23:17:03 EDT (-0400)
  interactive Povray website?
From: moonshadow
Date: 30 Apr 2001 14:20:40
Message: <26aretg66me94pu030u2319bltp7e2g2et@4ax.com>
Hello,

I would like to make a website which makes it possible for  users to
modify a Pov source (or at least change a few parameters), and get a
new image rendered by povray on the server. The server would be on my
PC.

I believe I'll need the following things:

A webserver placed on my PC (win98, and I have no idea which server to
choose, I've tried Xitami and I liked it. )
An html form for the parameters, which will be directed into text or
pov files (I guess I'll be able to make it :)
A CGI-program which runs povray, runs a jpg encoder, and probably has
to do a  few other things (I know very little about programming, so
this would be difficult by myself)

That's all, I guess. I would be happy if someone offered a complete
solution (I hope someone has already done something like this), or a
CGI program that does the job. Also, any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

moonshadow