POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet : Re: Be very very quiet Server Time
9 Sep 2024 23:14:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very very quiet
From: Stephen
Date: 4 Feb 2009 10:08:59
Message: <26ajo4hol040i2qrnsdhmugfvh9np9vrtb@4ax.com>
On 3 Feb 2009 20:03:26 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>Welcome to the 21st century. ;-)

We got there 7 hours before you did :)

>>>Indeed, not a lot of choice there. :-)  Southampton.
>>>
>> Well we are running out of time since Samantha has to leave now as she's
>> hosting a traditional Cockney music and dance night with a pearly king
>> and queen at a nearby pub. All the locals are saying they can't wait to
>> see her knees up round the King's Head. So lets head up the M3 to
>> Sunbury-on-Thames.
>
>Hmmm, interesting but a little unexpected.  And so was your move, at
>that.
>
>In the same general direction, Richmond.

Ah! The lass of Richmond Hill. OK wrong Richmond but I invoke the London
Keellie's option.

I'll take the district line to Gunnersbury and bide awhile in Chiswick.

>> Sysadmin, whatever gave you the idea that I'd ever been a sysadmin?
>> Maintenance and hardware maintenance at that. :)
>
>Well, then that's sensible, you should turn the backup stuff over to the
>software guys. ;-)

No option, generally

>> There has been several occasions that I've asked for a restore of files
>> from backups and never had a result. But I managed to do a restore today
>> to a basic Vista installation without messing any other files up.
>> Unfortunately my laptop has developed a hardware fault where the black
>> parts of the screen turn a rastered green when the screen is opened too
>> far. And it was not booting properly from CD, shutting down with a
>> "clunk". What I don't believe is it still has a couple of months of
>> warranty left.
>
>You mean it developed the problem before the warranty ran out?  I didn't
>think that ever happened. ;-)

I know, the toast landed butter side up. A miracle. A miracle.  :)

>> A spring cleen is a good idea and sometimes it take a kick to do it ;)
>
>LOL.  That it is; sadly, the latest video driver borked something up, and
>the sim wouldn't run anymore.  Fortunately, I was able to downgrade the
>driver to the one that actually works, as opposed to NVidia's idea of a
>"working new driver" that is in fact braindead and broken.  Nice of them
>to test it.

Computer, who would have them? ;)
--

Regards