POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's a riddle : Re: It's a riddle Server Time
11 Oct 2024 07:12:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's a riddle
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Feb 2008 18:40:46
Message: <265nq3pgemcn01r4dqd199ei7j87lvtcee@4ax.com>
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 10:38:28 +0100, "scott" <sco### [at] laptopcom> wrote:

>>  OTOH, there are situations where it's clearly misused. For example,
>> I have seen "not as scary as you two's faces", which sounds really
>> awkward.
>> I would say "not as scary as the faces of you two" would be much better.
>
>"not as scary as your two faces" sounds better to me.  No idea if it's
>correct or not.

Just to stir it a bit :)
I come from a region where "not as scary as you two's faces" does sound natural.
"Not as scary as the faces of you two" sounds correct but "not as scary as your
two faces" sounds/reads to me as if you were calling someone a hypocrite. As
warp said he has two faces. Just remember that this is coming from a native
speaker who would expect to hear "not as scary as youse two's faces". A bit of
background:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/10/01/1096527918018.html?from=storyrhs

Regards
	Stephen