POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Amazing Discovery! : Re: Amazing Discovery! Server Time
11 Aug 2024 01:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Amazing Discovery!
From: Chris Huff
Date: 23 Nov 1999 07:13:40
Message: <231119990716473246%chrishuff_99@yahoo.com>
In article <383A3898.F1B64BD3@unforgettable.com>, Xplo Eristotle
<inq### [at] unforgettablecom> wrote:

> Those of you with repetitive desktops (say, Mac-users using large
> patterns) may find that if you allow your eyes to cross and defocus a
> little until the pattern resolves again, it'll seem to sink into the
> screen while windows and icons float above it (albeit as blurred double
> images, but it's still a cool effect).

Yeah, I have noticed this before, especially when I am extremely bored
and tired.
Actually, right now I have an image covering my desktop, Macs have had
that capability built into the OS since Mac OS 8(or was it System
7.6?). So we aren't restricted to tileable patterns any more.

That gives me an idea, have the desktop image alternate between the two
views and use the LCD glasses, that should be an interesting effect.
Even better if the window and icon positions are adjusted so they
appear to have depth. Might actually make it easier to use.

--
Chris Huff
e-mail: chr### [at] yahoocom