POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The best PovComp image sucks... : The best PovComp image sucks... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  The best PovComp image sucks...
From: Rafal Maj Raf256
Date: 11 Mar 2005 17:27:49
Message: <2029905.hPIANG34Rp@raf256com>
The best PovComp image sucks...
...a bit, because it hase way to low gamma/brighntess/contrast, therefore on
common monitor everything besides water, fish and ship-wreck looks just
like a black spot.

Only after turning up the gamma, it becomes visible that the ocean floor has
interesting geometry... perhaps author of image and/or PovComp team should
apply this adjustments to picture - it would be much more impressive
then... :)

(Btw, all my friends to with I show images from PovComp agreed that the most
beautifull is  'Victoria's World' by Douglas Eichenberg and
http://www.povcomp.com/entries/124.php - with got 4th place...)

--
Rafal Maj Raf256