POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Artifacts in output : Artifacts in output Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:02:09 EDT (-0400)
  Artifacts in output
From: John Coppens
Date: 2 Jan 2010 00:14:56
Message: <20100102021450.2638d93b.john@johncoppens.com>
Hello people...

I've switched mainly to beta34 now, and rendered a few test scenes for a
Xmas card. For the first time, I notice horizontal line(s) which don't
seem related to the scene.

1) They only seem to appear in lath objects,
2) There seems to be some randomness in the intensity of the problem,
3) Independently of the size, the artifact is always 1 pixel high.
4) The effect is not is a spot where a bezier node is defined.
5) Sturm is enabled for both glasses and contents.

Here is an image where the artifact is _very_ visible:

http://jcoppens.com/misc/ok2fault.png (1.1MB)

If interested, I can upload the scene and background pic too.

John