POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Out of memory, when enabling scattering : Out of memory, when enabling scattering Server Time
4 Jul 2024 12:51:08 EDT (-0400)
  Out of memory, when enabling scattering
From: John Coppens
Date: 18 Dec 2009 00:08:56
Message: <20091218020810.710dd4b7.john@johncoppens.com>
Hello people.

Wanting to experiment a bit with media, I enabled scattering in a scene,
and, after maybe 4000 pixels (of 480000), I get 'Out of memory'. I
haven't really found much references to this error on the 'net, or in the
POV-ray docs, so I wonder if I'm doing something wrong here?

The scene is certainly not overly complicated. I suppose the memory
referenced is RAM memory? I have 2 GB of that, with another 2 in swap
memory. I'm running on AMD64, in a self compiled POV-ray (last beta).

Anything I can do?
John