POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Rendering Truetype : Re: Rendering Truetype (more info) Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:55:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Truetype (more info)
From: John Coppens
Date: 28 Nov 2009 19:05:21
Message: <20091128210519.efdfdf5f.john@johncoppens.com>
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:48:58 EST
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> hmm, I was expecting to see 3D fonts, not an orthographic projection
> that looks just like what you get in a regular 2D bitmap editor, plus a
> scaled drop-shadow layer of sorts and a background layer.  Gimp also
> doesn't demand 4 hours and, as you said, kerning is just fine. :)
>
> I mean:
> http://i47.tinypic.com/59y04p.jpg
>
> that's a mere 10 minutes gimping...

I'm sorry. Each frame takes only about 4-5 seconds, but there are 2500
different frames to render. The characters I took from the screenshot are
the parte where the camera is just in front of the characters, so you
can't see the 3D effect. I did that in order not to confuse the viewer.

This still doesn't solve the problem of the kerning.

John