POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurface in mirror : Re: isosurface in mirror Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface in mirror
From: marabou
Date: 10 Oct 2006 11:44:32
Message: <20061010174400.999aea88.not@available.yet>
i am going mad.
now only one part is not visible in mirror.
but it comes better:
back part of object is visible in mirror but not in front of it. then I rendered it
without the mirror.
and what should I say: it is invisible!

like Mike Williams said: watch max_gradient warnings.
this time I get one:
Shutdown Warning: The maximum gradient found was 1.001, but max_gradient of the
 isosurface was set to 2.038. Adjust max_gradient to get a faster rendering of
 the isosurface.

if max_gradient is set to 1.001 Povray warns that max_gradient found is 2.038 and vice
versa.

I don not know if this has something to do with my problem. but hints are welcome.

soon I post an image to p.b.images.