POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? : Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 20:22:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python?
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 13 Sep 2006 10:30:57
Message: <20060913153059.7e8a0a0f@mekanori.mon.istic.org>
> > I have no idea why after all these years people still think
> > reference counting is a good idea. It's so trivial to find an
> > example where it utterly fails...
>
>   Care to give this trivial example?

See the entry 'Moon instructs a student' in:

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/koans.html

To answer Andy's question, though:

I have no idea why after all these years people still think quicksort is
a good idea. It's so trivial to find an example where it takes O(n^2)
time.

--
In LaTeX, you \begin{document}.  In Soviet Russia, document \begin{you}!
http://surreal.istic.org/      Carry me home, my teacher, carry me home.