POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? : Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python? Server Time
6 Oct 2024 20:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the POV-ray SDL--similar to Java and/or Python?
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 13 Sep 2006 05:28:23
Message: <20060913102824.55254800@mekanori.mon.istic.org>
> The POV SDL insulates me from "all that stuff" too, which is quite
> nice! (Sorry if I'm showing my ignorance of the subject; the SDL seems
> to, anyway.)

Well, there's no need to handle GC, destructors, or finalizers in SDL
because objects in a scene are created once and then cannot be changed
or destroyed. So there isn't really anything to insulate you from.

--
In LaTeX, you \begin{document}.  In Soviet Russia, document \begin{you}!
http://surreal.istic.org/                      It's like a DEATH CIRCUS!