POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Isosurface speed : Re: Isosurface speed Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:42:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface speed
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 28 Aug 2006 10:11:37
Message: <20060828151139.5f46bd20@mekanori.mon.istic.org>
> In short, lots of ideas that would work for the shape I'm trying to
> trace, but none that would work for every possible shape one could try
> to trace.
>
> Anybody have any further thoughts?
Nothing general, but if you (the user) know where the bits of surface
are, you could try splitting up the isosurface into smaller chunks, and
set the max_gradient lower where it doesn't need to be as high. I
couldn't tell from your description whether this is the sort of
isosurface that that would work for: it usually works well for functions
with low gradients in most places but singularities at a few points.

--
"Of all  things,  good sense is  the most fairly  distributed:  everyone
thinks  he is  so well  supplied  with it  that even  those who  are the