POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render error when scaling entire scene : Re: Render error when scaling entire scene Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render error when scaling entire scene
From: Daniel Hulme
Date: 24 Aug 2006 16:54:36
Message: <20060824215440.3dac02bf@mekanori.mon.istic.org>
> I'm certainly more willing to accept the necessity of HUGE_VAL, given
> this. It really destroys the options for cosmic-scale rendering,
> though.
Not really: often, just making your units represent a greater real-world
distance will fit your scene into a reasonable range. There's just as
much precision on the small side of 1 as the large side, so divide all
your distances by 10^5 and you should be fine.

--
There is no such thing as a small specification change.
http://surreal.istic.org/                             God save the King!